Frequently Asked HVAC Questions
- How Do I Lower My Energy Bills? For cheaper solutions, try installing a digital thermostat. Digital thermostats are programmable and can be controlled remotely by apps through Wi-Fi. Using a digital thermostat will help reduce your AC and heater usage during times there is no one home. Additionally, thermostats can be turned off remotely during extended absences to save money. If you need to update your heating and cooling equipment, installing new equipment can drastically lower bills. New gas furnaces can reach efficiencies of 98% and heat pumps can be up to 300% efficient. The cost savings will help offset the cost of installation. Also, high-efficiency units are usually eligible for rebates.
- Can I Troubleshoot Before Calling for Service? Absolutely! Any information you can give us will help us more accurately diagnose your problems. First, check the breakers and power cutoffs to all of your equipment. Then verify the settings on your thermostat. Often problems can be as simple as that. Be sure to take note of the obvious problems, symptoms, and noises. Each of these is a good indicator of issues and they help us know where to start looking for problems. The more information we know, the quicker we can restore your service.
- How Can I Improve My Indoor Air Quality? Filter changes are the best thing for indoor air quality. Numerous options exist to remove allergens, dust, odors, and mold but they are only effective when they are kept clean. If allergies are a problem, you may benefit from extra filtration from portable units or more effective installed filtration devices. Keeping the air dry will help reduce the amount of mold in the air. Air conditioners do a good job of removing most humidity but in the humid Louisiana air sometimes that’s not enough. Dehumidifiers can help reduce the humidity and help the air feel cleaner and more comfortable.
- Are Programmable Thermostats Worth It? Yes! Programmable thermostats help take the hassle out of constantly fiddling with the thermostat. They can be manually programmed or some new models can even learn your habits and build a schedule automatically. The main benefit comes from not keeping constant temperatures when no one is home. This can reduce the amount of time your system spends heating and cooling by hours per day, leading to a drastic reduction in utility bills.
- How Fast Can Your Technicians Respond? At Tiger Temperature, fast response is one of our main goals. We aim to make our services available on the same day that you call for them. Even if you call in the middle of the night, we keep technicians on call to fix any of your emergency problems.
- What Are Some Good Reasons to Switch to Ductless Systems or Heat Pumps? Cost savings is the biggest reason why people switch. Mini-splits and heat pumps are designed to be very efficient and operate without the need for repairs for a long time. So, not only will you save on energy bills, but you will also save on repair costs over the life of your system. Ductless units are also desirable for their ease of installation. Not having to install ductwork with a central HVAC system leads to huge cost savings on parts and labor. Additionally, ductless units are easily installed in buildings that weren’t designed to accommodate central HVAC units.
Tiger Temperature is a full service, licensed HVAC contractor with over 15 years in the business. Call (985) 492-7295 today and let us take care of all of your heating and cooling equipment in Thibodaux.