While the warm and muggy months of summer are generally the biggest concern for homeowners in Thibodaux, LA, winter can be just as challenging. As the temperatures dip, you may turn to your heater or furnace for the first time in the year, and disaster strikes. Because our heating systems get little to no use most of the year, when we need them most is likely when we’ll notice issues. Luckily, Tiger Temperature is your reliable heating service company. Whether it’s heater repairs, furnace installations, or anything in between, you can count on our experts to keep your home warm and comfortable!
We offer the following heating solutions:
- Heater Repair & Maintenance
- Heater Installation & Replacement
- Furnace Repair & Maintenance
- Furnace Installation & Replacement
- Heat Pump Services
- Geothermal Systems
- Filter Replacements
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Commercial HVAC
No heat in your home? Our heating repair experts are here to restore your comfort, safety, and peace of mind all winter long.
Common Signs Your Furnace Isn’t Ready for Winter
The first and most important thing to remember is that repair work should always be done by an experienced heating service company. Not only does this prevent accidents and damage, but also it ensures a long-term fix.
But how can you tell when a heating contractor is needed? Some common issues include:
- Strange Noises: Furnaces and heaters are not the quietest systems in your home, but they still shouldn’t make abnormal noises either. Things like grinding, screeching, and banging could all indicate that there’s damage or a loose component.
- Rising Energy Costs: The older your unit, the harder it has to work to keep your home warm. If you’re noticing an increase in utility costs outside of the norm, contact a furnace contractor to inspect your system.
- Fluctuating Temperatures: While Louisiana is not the coldest place in the world, our winters can get chilly. If you put a hand up to your vent and you’re getting lukewarm temperatures at best, there’s a problem.
- Poor Airflow: Are certain rooms or areas of your home getting little to no airflow? While this can be attributed to damage to your ductwork, more often than not, the unit is either in need of repair or undersized for your home.
Benefits of Heating Replacements
Generally speaking, a repair service is always going to be the first option when your heater or furnace stops working. However, if your system is over 10 years old or struggling to keep your entire home warm, a replacement is needed. While it can be an unexpected expense, it doesn’t have to be one without benefit.
For starters, when you opt for a furnace installation, you’re adding value to your home and peace of mind knowing your system will work when you need it most. Additionally, because the system is newer, you should experience more energy-efficient heating which can easily lower your energy costs.
Finally, newer heating systems are high-efficiency, which means you get stronger airflow throughout your entire home and more consistent temperatures, keeping you cozy when those Thibodaux temperatures do drop.
How Does Heating Maintenance Factor In?
The easiest way to avoid a winter disaster is with routine maintenance. This can be as simple are replacing your furnace filters before the colder months or as complex as a detailed inspection and repair. No matter what method you choose, it’s proven that routine heating can help your home in a range of ways including:
- Lower your heating costs
- Extend the lifespan of your system
- Increased airflow
- Ensure a more consistent temperature
- Improved air quality
At Tiger Temperature, our goal is to make life easier. Be sure to ask about our Tiger Den membership program and ensure your heating system is getting the best care possible.
While the Thibodaux area may not be the coldest around, having a heating system is still essential for those days when the temperatures do drop. In many cases, a unit falls into disrepair because it isn’t used much throughout the year. Whether it’s an old system or a homeowner looking for an upgrade, at Tiger Temperature, we’re here to help with honest pricing and service.